Summit’s QuickBooks Hosting Service:
Benefits for Businesses and Accountants
Why should you use Summit Hosting as your hosted QuickBooks provider in the United States or Canada? Here are a few of the top benefits of choosing Summit’s QuickBooks server hosting solutions:
- Reduce Expenses: Lower your IT costs by replacing on-premise tools with cloud hosting. Expert technical support also decreases IT support costs.
- Flexibility to Work from Anywhere: Don’t be tied to a desktop. QuickBooks cloud hosting lets you log in and access your data remotely.
- Better Performance: Summit Hosting’s dedicated servers mean you never share space or resources with another company and always experience the fastest speed.
- Support When You Need It: Never wait on hold. We’re ready to help 24/7 via direct chat with our U.S.-based specialists. (Psst.. They’re humans, not bots.)
- Low Costs, No Surprises: Summit’s QuickBooks cloud hosting has one low monthly fee with no hidden costs.
- Simpler, Easier Upgrades: Buy additional user licenses or upgrade to the newest version of QuickBooks easily through Summit Hosting.
- Use the Platform You Prefer: Apple? Windows? Your Google smartphone? Our QuickBooks hosting service works perfectly no matter what platform you use.
QuickBooks Hosting vs QuickBooks Online
Although they sound similar, QuickBooks hosting and QuickBooks Online are different services.
QuickBooks hosting lets you access your QuickBooks software from a cloud server, where all your data and files are safely stored and operated. With a unique username and password, you can log in to your remote desktop from anywhere, access your data, and use the software just like you would from a local desktop.
QuickBooks Online, on the other hand, is a cloud-based product created and managed solely by Intuit, the maker of QuickBooks. This software is accessed by logging in using a web browser and only supports QuickBooks Online, meaning QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier and QuickBooks Enterprise are not compatible. This cloud-based version also offers a different user experience and features than what you may be used to in the desktop version.
If you want the features of a QuickBooks Desktop product with the benefits of a dedicated server at an affordable price, QuickBooks cloud hosting is the way to go.
Summit can help you get the benefits of QuickBooks Desktop with hosting services. That includes providing QuickBooks Enterprise hosting, QuickBooks Pro hosting, and more – all on dedicated servers that secure your data and improve performance.
Summit’s Dedicated Servers for QuickBooks Hosting Improve Performance and Security
Using dedicated servers for QuickBooks hosting ensures the best security, highest level of customization, and the greatest overall system performance.
Unlike shared server hosting, dedicated server hosting doesn’t make your company share resources like bandwidth, storage, and memory with other companies. Instead, you can build out your environment with the resources, applications, and software you need to do your job efficiently. Summit’s tech team will make it easy to customize your cloud environment, doing all the heavy lifting and technical work for you.
Dedicated servers also improve security. With a shared server, your data is only as secure as the companies you’re sharing your server with. If they’re compromised, your data is at risk too. With Summit Hosting’s dedicated servers, you’re in control.
Dedicated Services Support Growth and Flexibility
Dedicated servers grow with you. As your business changes, you can:
• Upgrade your QuickBooks software and buy extra QuickBooks user licenses
• Scale up (or back) your resources
• Integrate additional cloud-compatible apps or tools
• Add another security step at login with 2-Factor Authentication
These adjustments are easy for our engineers to make – all you have to do is reach out, let them know how they can help your business and they’ll handle the rest.
Expert Support and Standards
At Summit Hosting, we maintain high standards for our QuickBooks cloud hosting. Our support and implementation teams are trained and ready to help you understand the benefits for your business when a new version like QuickBooks 2020 is released. We use industry-leading technologies and frequently test new tech to ensure we’re providing the best services to our community of QuickBooks hosting users. Through our studies, like comparing shared servers vs dedicated servers, we’ve found that dedicated servers are the only environments to consistently meet our expectations for cloud hosting quality and performance.
Ready to join our trusted community of 20,000+ users hosting QuickBooks on a server? Contact a hosting specialist today.
Compare QuickBooks Products
Have you outgrown your current QuickBooks product? Can you benefit from new features rolled out in QuickBooks 2020? Do you need more power and more flexibility to manage your business quickly and efficiently?
Compare QuickBooks Desktop versions to find the upgrade that best fits your company’s needs. Summit’s QuickBooks hosting service can make QuickBooks Desktop products available online for easier access, better performance, and greater security.
Upgrades and additional QuickBooks product licenses are available directly through Summit Hosting, allowing your cloud hosting needs to match your company’s development every step of the way. Use the chart below to compare QuickBooks products and see how they line up with your company’s needs.
|QuickBooks Pro||QuickBooks Premier||QuickBooks Enterprise||QuickBooks Accountant|
|Learn More||Learn More||Learn More||Learn More|
|Manage sales tax||X||X||X||X|
|Job costing and reports||X||X||X||X|
|Create sales orders||X||X||X|
|Create bill of materials||X||X||X|
|Manage fixed assets||X||X|
|Batch void / delete transactions||X|
|Client file dashboards||X|
|Toggle to other editions / versions||X|
|Request a Quote||Request a Quote||Request a Quote||Request a Quote|
QuickBooks Hosting Pricing
Summit’s prices start at just $53 per month, depending on your location and the pricing model you select. We offer two QuickBooks cloud hosting pricing models:
• QuickBooks Hosting Pricing
• QuickBooks Hosting and Software Pricing
In both models, you’ll pay one low monthly fee, with no hidden costs or expenses that will raise your budget. You’ll also reduce in-house expenses such as hardware and IT costs.
Hosted QuickBooks Pricing: Monthly Fees and Inclusions
Summit’s QuickBooks hosting pricing is all-inclusive, with additional security and performance features that lower-cost options don’t offer. When you use our QuickBooks hosting service, you’ll receive:
• QuickBooks cloud hosting services on a dedicated server that’s customized to your applications and business needs.
• 24/7 Summit Hosting support that reduces your in-house IT and hardware costs while ensuring your team never has to wait for help.
• Nightly cloud server backups to protect your data and your company.
• Microsoft updates, server maintenance and virus protection so your QuickBooks products are always safe and running at peak performance.
To make your job even easier, you can also purchase QuickBooks product and user licenses directly from Summit Hosting. If you bundle your hosting and software lease, you’ll receive all the benefits above, with the same low QuickBooks hosting pricing. The only additional cost you’ll pay is the price of your software license and users. Your costs will be bundled together, simplifying your business’s vendor management and monthly payment obligations.
|Hosting||Hosting and Software Lease|
|QuickBooks Pro + Payroll||$53||$58||N/A||$92|
|QuickBooks Premier + Payroll||$53||$58||N/A||$102|
|QuickBooks Enterprise + Payroll||$53||$58||N/A||Intuit Canada|
|QuickBooks Enterprise + Advanced Inventory||$53||$58||$173||N/A|
|Sign Up||Sign Up|
$5 Intuit fee included in our pricing
QuickBooks Products Hosted by Summit
Summit Hosting can provide QuickBooks hosting of your organization’s preferred software version. We’ve got you covered from QuickBooks Pro and QuickBooks Premier to QuickBooks Enterprise and QuickBooks Accountant.
We can also integrate virtually any related accounting applications you need to help your business. Some of our most popular QuickBooks applications include:
Benefits of QuickBooks Hosting with Summit
Why should you use Summit Hosting as your hosted QuickBooks provider in the United States or Canada? We could go on about why we’re the best, but we’ll save you some time.
Here are a few of the top benefits of choosing us for QuickBooks hosting solutions:
- Industry Best Experience: In our 10+ years hosting QuickBooks, there’s no challenge we haven’t seen… and solved.
- No Sharing: We only provide dedicated servers, meaning you’ll never share space on your server with another company and always experience the fastest speed.
- Low Costs, No Surprises: Our users pay one low monthly fee with no hidden costs.
- Upgrade Here: Buy additional user licenses and upgrade to the newest version of QuickBooks easily through Summit Hosting.
- Around the Clock Support: Ever have an issue? Never wait on hold. We’re ready to help 24/7 via direct chat with our U.S.-based specialists. (Psst.. They’re humans, not bots.)
- We’re Compatible: Apple, Windows, smartphone? Our service works perfectly no matter what platform you use.
We're Trusted for QuickBooks Hosting by Companies Like...
QuickBooks Hosting FAQs
What is QuickBooks hosting?
QuickBooks hosting, also known as QuickBooks cloud hosting or hosted QuickBooks, is when licensed copies of Intuit QuickBooks Desktop products are installed on cloud servers. These servers are accessible by users via a remote desktop. QuickBooks cloud hosting providers allow authorized PC and Mac users to safely access their accounting software from anywhere with an internet connection.
Can I host QuickBooks in the cloud?
Yes. While QuickBooks Desktop products were originally installed on a local machine, third-party QuickBooks hosting companies like Summit Hosting allow you to install QuickBooks on a cloud server that you can access from anywhere with internet, at any time.
Can multiple users use QuickBooks at the same time?
Yes. You may need to purchase additional users for your QuickBooks product, but once you have the number of users you need you can use the multi-user mode in QuickBooks. The multi-user mode allows multiple people to use your QuickBooks application at the same time through your server network. If you are not using QuickBooks cloud hosting, you may also need to install QuickBooks Desktop on multiple local machines.
How do I move QuickBooks to the cloud?
To move QuickBooks to the cloud, you need to choose a QuickBooks cloud hosting provider and work with their migration process. At Summit Hosting, our process is designed to reduce work and stress for your team. To move QuickBooks to the cloud, you work with our technical team to determine the best way to set up your server and identify the files you need to transfer. We’ll do all the heavy lifting, setting up your server and migrating your files in less than 48 hours.
How much does it cost to host QuickBooks?
It typically costs between $30 and $75 per month to host QuickBooks. Lower cost QuickBooks hosting services typically use shared servers, while higher prices come with additional features, such as 2-Factor Authentication. At Summit Hosting, our QuickBooks cloud hosting service starts at just $53 per month, including dedicated servers and additional security options.
Will hosted QuickBooks work like my QuickBooks Desktop?
Yes, it will! QuickBooks in the cloud works exactly like the traditional QuickBooks Desktop version, so you don’t have to worry about learning a new software or developing a new workflow. Summit’s QuickBooks hosting service works on Macs, PCs and any other device you may use. As long as you’re online, you can access your data. If you’re using an IOS device, all you need to do is download the Microsoft Remote Desktop Application from the Apple App Store.