What is Cloud Backup?Regular backups are a vital part of any organization’s operating procedures. Even the USGS has a webpage dedicated to the importance of data backups and best practices. But many question why it’s so important to back up data. Having a backup helps keep files, data, and applications available in the event of equipment failure, service outages, natural disasters, or human error. These types of regular backups are essential for individuals and businesses, but a method of data backup is taking the world by storm. Enter cloud-based backup services. A cloud-based data backup service takes data and apps stored on a business’s server and holds them on a remote server by creating a copy of files. These services create a user-friendly and cost-effective method of keeping data safe. Cloud backup services also provide users enterprise encryption, reliable recovery methods, and affordable expansion options — everything Summit Hosting offers, and then some! Explore the benefits of cloud data backup and the various types of methods, from private service providers to public options. You can even discover how to create a hybrid backup method to craft a solution that works best for you!
What are the Benefits of Cloud Backup?Cloud-based services are changing the fundamental ways businesses interact with technology. Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and Desktop as a Service (DaaS) is helping to improve internal retention while creating a platform for users to interact with vital company data and mission-critical applications. In that vein, cloud data backups are changing how businesses store data and recover from disasters. The best cloud backup services safeguard critical data and applications off-site, allowing for rapid response during an event. Plus, with some other benefits, it’s easy to see why the technology is gaining popularity.
- Improved security – Security can be expensive, and the layers needed for complete protection can add up quickly. A service provider like Summit Hosting provides high-level security services, including physical security, multi-factor authentication, encryptions, and VPNs.
- Immediate Data recovery – A cloud solution gives users access to backup data quickly, allowing remote access to critical files, procedures, or applications.
- Disaster recovery – Disasters happen, but with cloud services, you can restore from any incremental backup. Summit Hosting engages in nightly backups with copies stored for 15 days or longer, so you don’t have to worry about data loss.
- Scalable storage – Cloud-based services are perfect for expansion. Many providers offer services that grow with your business and have options for on-demand bandwidth and storage increases.
- Cost-efficiency – Traditional data centers provide complete control, but the upfront investment and ongoing maintenance costs can be astronomical. Instead, cloud-based solutions offer high-quality equipment and IT services without massive upfront costs.
- Total automation – Backups, security analysis, reporting, and workflows all have one thing in common — they’re begging for automation. Cloud-based providers can help your organization automate the backup and restoration process, saving your IT teams valuable time.