What is a Dedicated Server?
In a pecan-sized nutshell: A dedicated server means your software, applications and data are all safely hosted on one server that belongs to your business alone. This means you’ll always experience top performance on a reliable, uncrowded private server.
Generally, dedicated cloud servers are operated and maintained by a professional cloud hosting company, so you don’t have to worry about hardware upgrades and IT maintenance. 3rd-party dedicated servers are often located off-site in a secure data center rather than in-house at your physical office. Additionally, certain providers, like Summit Hosting, also create backups of your data. So, if a disaster were to occur, don’t fret – we do nightly server backups that are retained for 15 days.
Shared Hosting vs Dedicated Server Hosting
When it comes to dedicated server hosting and shared hosting, there tends to be a lot of confusion. So, let’s clear some things up:
Shared hosting refers to when multiple companies and/or users share the same resources (disk space, memory storage, bandwidth, etc.) on one server. In a shared hosting environment, there’s always a chance your performance can lag depending on how many other people are using the server and the type of applications they are using. Also, this type of server isn’t usually customizable since it’s shared.
Dedicated servers, however, are not shared: they’re dedicated to one company. In a dedicated cloud environment, your business is the only one using the resources on the server. Because of this, you’ll experience the best overall performance. And, you will have more freedom to control and customize your cloud, according to your unique needs. At Summit Hosting, for example, we build dedicated servers in RDP (remote desktop protocol) environments that are fully customizable. Your business admin can add/update whatever you need or our engineers can handle it for you— just ask about our pricing and how to get started.Talk to a Hosting Specialist
Benefits of Dedicated Server Hosting with Summit
Our dedicated server hosting is high-caliber because our product has the best uptime and top performance overall; and the cloud is 100% yours to customize as you wish.
A few more perks of hosting with us:
- We’re Affordable: Our customers pay a low monthly fee with no hidden expenses.
- Your Server Is Safe: You never have to worry about your hardware being damaged or stolen since your server is kept safe and sound in our secure data centers.
- You Need It, We Can Host It: We can host most applications that you may need on your dedicated server as long they meet our guidelines— just ask!
- We’re Seasoned Experts: We’ve been leading the way in cloud hosting with proven technologies and services over the last 15 years.
- 24/7 Support, Always: On the off-chance you have an issue, our tech support team is ready to help day or night through our direct ticketing system.
- Added Security: Want an additional layer of security? Add 2-factor authentication to your server for just $10/user per month.
Dedicated QuickBooks and Sage Hosting
Summit Hosting is one of the largest providers of cloud-based QuickBooks and Sage hosting in the US and Canada. We’re trusted by thousands of businesses like yours to host their software and applications. Why? Because we’re committed to what we do best: offering solutions with improved security that encourage growth and remote accessibility while removing IT roadblocks.
Want to learn more about our services? Request a free trial today.Start My Free Trial Today
Sage and QuickBooks Application Hosting
At Summit Hosting, we can also host the applications you want and customize your cloud to fit your needs. Just let us know which applications you need to help run your business smoothly. As long as they’re compatible, we’ll be able to install them into your cloud hosted Sage or QuickBooks software.
As a bonus, we offer the lowest cost per user on all major hosted applications and we save you money by making sure you get the most out of your applications in a hosted environment.See Some of Our Additional Hosted Applications
- What’s included on my dedicated server?
Our engineers custom-build each server according to your business needs, so it’s honestly up to you - that’s the beauty of dedicated environments. If you have any questions or would like any recommendations on the amount of storage, GBs of memory, suggested applications / software, etc. for your initial setup, we’re always happy to help.
- What do I do if I need help? Does Summit Hosting have customer support?
Yes! We offer excellent 24/7/365 tech support for our customers. Our team is happy to assist you at any time, even on weekends and during the holidays.
- Why is it better to host QuickBooks or Sage in a dedicated environment?
Dedicated servers allow you to experience the greatest overall performance, they’re more secure than a shared environment and the customization options are virtually endless. Also, our cloud-hosted dedicated servers let you access your software remotely from anywhere in the world, day or night.
- What operating system will I use to access my remote desktop?
A Windows operating will be installed because we use Windows 2016 servers.
- How long will it take for Summit Hosting to setup my server?
You’ll be up and running in 24 - 48 hours once all of the paperwork is signed.